Wheat Berries are the seed of the wheat plant; they look like brown rice. Wheat Berries are not only delicious but they are also high in fibre, low in calories and packed with vitamins and minerals.
Some vitamins and minerals you can find in Wheat Berries are:
- Iron: improves the body’s immunity system & help keep good levels of oxygen in the blood.
- Calcium: promotes healthy bones and muscles.
- B vitamins: increase energy & improve memory.
- Vitamin E: supports circulation, heart health & is a powerful antioxidant.
- Foliate: helps produce and maintain new cells. It’s very important during infancy and pregnancy.
- Potassium: maintains a healthy heart, kidneys, muscles, nerves, and digestive system.
Stop by Wheat Berry Café and try our delicious Wheat Berry recipes!